Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Caterpillar wanderings


Shopping at the farmers market brings unexpected acquaintances. While unpacking my vegetables, this little guy showed up somewhere between the kale and the lettuces. He was definitely not your ordinary supermarket escapee, embedded in a mealy tomato and wrung out from a cross-country trip. I couldn't help but notice his extraordinary greenness. Velvety and handsome, I immediately set up a photo shoot along with the glorious radish (soon to be lunch) on my kitchen counter. I later deposited him gently among the ivy in our building's sidewalk treebed. I guess he's a New Yorker now.

2 comments:

  1. Or the little green guy was already a New Yorker using the old "innocent stranger in the big city" scam to worm his way into your heart and consume some of your farmers market veggies.

    ReplyDelete